Tuesday 7 May 2013

Having fun as a Star Author in Christchurch


This month I’m also blogging as the Star Author on the Christchurch Kids’ Blog. It’s a great blog about books, reading, music and movies for all children living in New Zealand, especially those in Christchurch and Canterbury.



I’m really pleased to have been asked, especially as I’m following hot on the heels of David Hill who is such a talented and funny author.

I’m reading his junior fiction novel at the moment, My Brother’s War, which has been shortlisted for the NZ Post Book Awards 2013. The story follows the fortunes of two brothers, William and Edmund, who both go off to the First Word War: one as a soldier, the other as a conscientious objector. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. It would be great if it wins.

I try to read as much junior fiction as I can. Not only because there are so many great stories, but also because it helps me with my own writing. There is so much to learn from a talented author like David Hill: it’s a bit like having a private tutorial (but from the comfort of your couch).  

No comments:

Post a Comment